Should I?...

I noticed the past 2 times I have change my 2 month old baby boy that there has been a tiny blood spot in his diaper should I go to the ER or wait and see if it happens in another pee diaper?

1ZomB-Mom

Asked by 1ZomB-Mom at 5:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call the dr or nurse hotline to see what they think.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Call the doc, is he circumsized(sp?)? That might be why.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yea he's circumcised but his lil pecker looks good...
    1ZomB-Mom

Comment by 1ZomB-Mom (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i would make a dr appt for tommorow and bring his diaper with blood in it, it could be something serious and u can catch it early or minor like his Circumcision.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Can't hurt to call the pediatrician, or nurse on call.  That's what they're there for.  In the meantime, def check again.  Does he seem to be in any pain, or discomfort?  Fever?  Other sx?  If not, you should prob still call.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My daughter used to have blood in her stool when she was like 2mo. We were of course concerned, it was just a couple of drops each one. After much time of discussing it with our doctor & me trying to take certain foods out of my diet (breastfeeding) they determined she was allergic to milk & told me to go on a plain meat, veggie & fruit diet something at the time we simply could not afford due to a very tight budget after a her stay in the hospital at birth for two weeks. I had to give up breastfeeding & we signed up for WIC that paid for neocate formula that is like $45 a can. The blood stopped after that.

Call the dr see what they suggest. Hope you figure out what the little one is having issues with remember allergies come & go in sm ones my daughter now drinks milk but is now allergic to hotdogs even though she used to eat those! Good Luck
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If you are worried, phone the doctor or health visitor. Best option. I doubt it is anything serious, but I remember the pamphlet I had after having my son, it said on it to phone or ask if seeing blood in nappy.
    Rae1990

Answer by Rae1990 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Call the dr
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 6:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011