Mirena and its side effects?

Ok ladies, I'm 24, single mother of a 4 year old. I have mirena, had it now for 1 yr 4 mnths and 1 day. My dilemma... For the first half of the year I have had it I had bleeding for two weeks at a time, so on two off two that kinda thing. Then it settled, got the the point I would get my period at the end of every month reg cycle one week or less. Then after december... NOTHING. Feb... NOTHING. Now its March 1. still nothing. I have gained about 30 lbs in two months , my breast size went from 38d to 40d and getting bigger. My cravings are getting heavier, and WTF!! I STARTED LACTATING Saturday Feb. 26th. I am really confused. I am aware that weight gain is a SE and the losing your period thing could happen too, but so sudden? I have taken home tests and even went to er for a test, my thing is I'm afraid that its not showing. My mom thinks I could be having a tubal preg, but I have no pain so far..... HELP!!!!!!!

nikkiburton24

Asked by nikkiburton24 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All you can do is go to your OB and see if you can get an ultrasound.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Ty @ Matthewscandi
    nikkiburton24

Comment by nikkiburton24 (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I recommend seeing your OB doctor soon and having an ultrasound done to see if you are having an etopic pregnancy, because that can be bad for you and the baby if you are. That sure does sound like you're pregnant. I have been on Mirena for almost 2 years straight with no problems and no pregnancies of any sort,so I would definitely get checked out by what you've stated is going on lately.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It is common to no longer have a period after a year or so. When I got mine a little over a yr ago, I was told this. Mine will skip months and then come back even. Every woman's body is different and will react differently. It would be the same on any other type of B.C. I have so far (know on wood) not had any "mishaps."

However, I would DEF go to the doctor. Tubal pregnancies can be dangerouse. Didnt your OBGYN explain any of this to you?!?
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 6:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• wow i am on mirena and don't have any of those side effects. i would ask for a U/S if I was inyour shoes...have you done a blood test?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I had the mirena for a year, within the first month I had to have it re-adjusted because it was up against uterus and jabbing me when, we would have intercourse. Soon after if we used certain positions it would do the same. About 2 months before I got it removed I was having horrible cramping and back pains.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 6:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I've been on the Mirena for 4 and 1/2 years... almost time to replace it. The first 6 months I had almost continuous spotting every single day AND periods! But literally one day it all just stopped. I haven't seen a speck of blood down there in 4 years. I did have weight gain though. I would suggest that you go see your ob/gyn to get an ultrasound to find out what's going on though.
    brandy0827

Answer by brandy0827 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Talk to your OB
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i had mine removed after 1 year it caused me to have terrible cysts. ever month i was in trrible pain and couldnt get out of the fetal position without crying in pain. they finally removed it for me and everything went back to normal.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011