Has anyone asked there doctor to strip their membranes and the doctor said no?

has anyone asked there doctor to strip their membranes and the doctor said no?
if soo how far along were you. and why did he say no.
and if you have ever gotten your membranes strip did it work to induce your labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my 3rd I begged my midwife to strip my membranes.  She tried, it hurt, she stopped.  She refused to strip them because it was causing me pain.  It was for the best, I was just being impatient anyways. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The first time my doc. stripped my membranes, I didn't even know that's what he was doing. But it worked, so I asked him to do it the next two times, and it worked then, too. I was only a day or two from my due date each time, though.
    jengray72

Answer by jengray72 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My dr with my first stripped my membranes a few days before I was scheduled to be induced which was almost 3 weeks before my due date. It really didnt do anything as far as I could tell.

With my 2nd, she refused. I went into labor on my own 9 days early.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 7:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I never had mine done.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• with my second i had irregular contractions from my 35th week on and at 36 i asked him to do it and i wasnt dialated enogh or something with my cervix nd at my 38th week appointment he stripped them and i had her the next day.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011