Would you rather pack your child lunch for school or let her have the school lunch?

I would rather pack her lunch, so i know she getting the nutritions she needs.

Steffany072

Asked by Steffany072 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in

• I'd rather save the time and have her buy lunch, as long as she's willing to eat it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It depends on the day. If they are serving something she would prefer over a sandwich then Ill let her buy. I like to pack because I can see how much she eats. (the leftovers are in her lunch box every day) Some days Im busy and realize Im out of lunch meat or juice boxes. Once again..Ill let her buy.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I agree with you. I pack lunch so I know it is healthier. But I understand that not all moms are able to and that is okay too.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 7:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I can't afford the school lunches. I can pack a lunch for a lot less.

Answer by Bmat at 7:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

I also agree. And Its actually cheaper to buy at my daughters school. Its $2.25 a day. When you factor in lunch meat, juice and snacks its actually cheaper to buy. But as I said....I do both and it depends
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I pack her a lunch if not she buys a lunch. Depends on what's for lunch that day.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• my kids buy lunch. They wanted to, and it made it so much easier on me.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 7:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I make lunch for my son. And of course myself and fiance. School lunches aren't always healthy. I'd feel more confident sending him with something I made.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We don't have a cafeteria, so packing is pretty much the answer. I can order their lunches from a caterer at the beginning of the semester, but it's really expensive.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• pk lunch
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011