My son's father and I have been seperated for 1 year now?

He has started dating again. The day he called to tell me that he had a girlfriend I thought he called to ask me out again. I have been a wreck for the past week now. Everytime I call to say goodnight or pick him up & drop him off she is there. The worst is my son said the other day that he has 2 mommy's. His father has only been dating her for almost 3 weeks. I feel like my son has wanted a family for so long & now that his dad has a girlfriend I'm being pushed out. Is it normal for me to feel this depressed? Also, everytime I pick him up or drop him off I freak out on his dad. What can i do to stop the anxiety of him being w/ someone else and her being around my son. The weird part is up until he told me he had a grilfriend we got along great said I lov you to each other & did things as a family. Is it possible for me to get him back? He says he is really happy with her?

CMead02

Asked by CMead02 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• it's normal to feel jealous of your ex dating someone new because u still have feelings for him. But i don't think that u should stop ur child from being around him and his girlfriend u should just explain to ur child that u 2 r not together and that his dad has a new friend but he will always have only 1 mom and dad. no matter who else that u or ur ex dates ur son should know the difference so that he won't be confused. it would be better for u to be the bigger person in the situation and not have ur son or ex hate u from not letting them be in each others lives because u r jealous of his new relationship. Love always hurt but sooner or later u will get over it and move on or if it is meant to be u guys will be a family again.
    sweetlady0409

Answer by sweetlady0409 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think you need to start dating and realize there is a life. I don't mean that ugly....trust me....I know it's hard...but do something for yourself. Relax, have fun, let your ex be exactly that.....your ex. It does get easier with time. Best wishes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I dont think that it is right for your baby's farther to have his new girl friend around because as your son gets older he will start to ask why you and his farther are not together. You should be depressed because you feel that way what you shouls do is talk with your son's dad and explain to him that you do not want your be around this girl because as he gets older he will start to think why is my dad with this girl and not my mom. And if you start to date it will the same thing your son will ask why your with a guy that is not his farther. Just try and talk with him and allow him to be with his son but tell him that he has to make time to where its just him and your son.
    Hope everything works out and you dont feel that way anymore.
    mz_lil_cuti3

Answer by mz_lil_cuti3 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008