Moving from Indiana to Florida adult content

I am trying to move to Florida to finish up my college degree in Culinary Arts. My ex-husband said he would fight to get me not to leave with his children. I am in a situation now where my 4 year old has been accused as a sex offender. He had rubbed his peepee on my girls butts. I am not sure how that will all pan out or be held against me when I go to fight him in court. He only sees his children about 3 to 4 times a year. He is never on time with child support he actually is always behind with child support. Now that i have this DCS case a lawyer is telling me that I could very well lose. He never calls his girls. And I am willing to fly them up here for summer and christmas and spring break the times he usually sees them. What do you guys think my chances are of winning?

MommyofFive74

Asked by MommyofFive74 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Wow, then my 5 year old has should have to register as a sex offender.  It's common for kids to rub themselves against things, people, etc.  How did they get involved to start with?  And I think you have a good case but then again, I'm not a lawyer.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If the father has any interaction you could very well lose.

To the court, it will look like an attempt at interaction.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't bring him down here (FL). They lock them up at young ages here for sexual offenses. You'd be surprises how young they have kids in juvy for this type of thing. FL is horrible when it comes to caring for kids and their issues. They just lock them up and throw them away. The child might be better off with dad. He might be able to teach him how to act with his private parts.
    Anonymous

• Wow...i am just reading the previous post...I lived in Fl for 13 years and we certainly didn't have any 5 year olds in Juvenile lol! I think that as long as you have a lawyer and get permission from the court before you move you will be fine. Also..your ex could be bluffing about contesting the move. If he has not been keeping up on his fatherly duties then he will not have much say in court.
    firstimer9510

Answer by firstimer9510 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It is going to cost me alot of money to get a lawyer is why i was seeking advice and my son is only 4. He does not know better but is learning quickly that it is not right that he should keep those to hiself and not on anyone else. I am not sure who reported it they would not tell me. Do my girls have any say where they want to be and where they are happiest? Will the judge take how they feel into consideration at all or just look at the dcs case against my son and rule only on that?
    MommyofFive74

Comment by MommyofFive74 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• While Florida is strict with sexual offenders, its ludicrous that they will even entertain the thought of putting a toddler is jail! I do not know what kinda criminal justice system u have where u live, but it sounds like they have nothing better to do then grill a 4 yr old for something like he did, and I am sure he didn't do it to get his jollies off! I would seriously look in to the father.activites!!!! While I know its common for toddlers to touch themselves cause it feels good, but the fact of what he did to his sister, your son had to have seen something he shouldn't have, or daddy is doing something he shouldn't be!!!!!!!!!! I am serious as a heart attack, get to see someone whjo specialize in this stuff!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have to agree, your son is only 4, he can't be labeled a freaking sex offender at that age.  What are child services plans with your case?  Was it dismissed?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Nope they are still doing an investigation on it. When I try to talk to my son about it he has absolutly no clue what it is he is doing wrong. He is only 4 this is rediculous. I know its not right and I am taking actions to get it to stop but my god a 4 year old as a sex offender what is our world coming too.
    MommyofFive74

Comment by MommyofFive74 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Wow they won't label him as a sex offender. If they try go to the national news(CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS) they will have a field day with it and their reporting it will get the ACLU involved and that will put a stop to it. They are putting your 4 year old through worse stuff right now then anything he did to the girl. At that age they play doctor, they look they touch they do lots of stuff. Its all normal and natural. Its not a sex offense.

I have to wonder if the person in charge of this case isn't a bit off. I would be worried about leaving my child alone with them if they see a 4 year's normal actions as sex offenses. It shows their mind has to be pretty twisted. I bet they see the pictures parents take of their babies in the tub as child porn as well. People who see sex where none exist need to look at themselves before going around and accusing someone else.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• just go!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2011