Is it wrong to take a child to daycare for child interaction when you are a stay at home mom?

my husband works on the road so I am pretty much raising the 2 boys all on my own. On top of that less than a year ago we moved cross country so I don't know anyone. So unless I go to the gym or store I have no live and in person adult interaction myself. My mother in law says I am just wasting her sons money and that I am a bad mom. May I add he loves going and there is no kids in our neighborhood his age.

jrevling

Asked by jrevling at 7:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• No it is not. My son would be going if we had enough money! It is good for you to have them few hours break throughout the week, to do what you need to do, if it's just relaxing or cleaning. And it will give your child a chance to interact with kids his age. Go for it.
    Rae1990

Answer by Rae1990 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• get a job while he's in school
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 7:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I plan on keeping my son in daycare part time when I stop working. My son loves it. If you can afford it, then why not? How you and your family spend your income is of no concern to your MIL.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No it's not a bad thing. They have to learn how to interact with other children along with other adults.

what they get away with with mom is different than what they can do with others. They have to learn socialization.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Nothing wrong with that at all. It will be good for him to hang out with other kids and do some learning at the same time. It'll also be good for you to get some "me time".
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• no its not wrong, you need a little time to do those things and its not a waste of money if its helping you get your things done.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Social interaction for children is good. Especially if they haven't any siblings.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I didn't see the first part where he had a brother, sorry.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i do charity work one day a week, I travel to much with my husband so taking a job really isn't an option. I am very lucky to be able to do it, why do MIL have to ruin everything lol
    jrevling

Comment by jrevling (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• why would it be wrong? he gets a few hours of social interaction with kids his age, and you get time to get stuff done around the house. its a win-win situation.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011