When you pray do you pray in silence or with some praise and worship music on and how long do you pray

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i usually pray outloud or to my self inmy head. and im not sure exactly how long i pray for-maybe a few mins..
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I like to pray around lunch time while I am listening to music. I pray about 15 minute to 30 minute each day.
    RUTHIE47

Answer by RUTHIE47 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I pray while I am on the treadmill, or when I go for long distance walks with hubby, I pray at night before bed and off and on during the day.

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• same as older, except for the walks with hubby..haha..i do pray aloud with my ds, as i'm trying to teach him how to have conversations with God, not just 'gimme this, gimme that' or 'i'm sorry' all the time. i'm trying to show him how easy it is to have an open relationship with God, by just talking like he would to me or his daddy, or a buddy. its much more honest and heartfelt that way, IMO.
    there are no rules to praying, no right times or settings. its personal, and what works for you and God.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• However Holy Spirit leads me .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I pray before I go to sleep, when the house is quiet. I pray when I see something on tv that I feel needs praying for. I pray for people on here when they ask, and sometimes just because I see a need.
    I do not need or use music. I sometimes pray Liturgy of The Hours. I sometimes pray freeform.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• in silence
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Sometimes just to myself in my head...if I'm alone I'll say it out loud. Usually in silence.
    firstimer9510

Answer by firstimer9510 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Depends on the situation.....I sit in meditation and that is silent....Sometimes I "talk" out loud to God, sometimes I "talk" silently.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Usually in silence. I like to pray when I'm in the shower and when I'm driving. I can't pray when there's alot of distractions.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011