Why am I 30 yrs old and still have acne like I'm 13

Tracee F.

Asked by Tracee F. at 7:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• high levels of testosterone/androgen in your body
    possible PCOS

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I get like that in the winter! Its horrible! You just need a good regimen. If all of your options arent working then it could be hormonal. I was told that a blood test can tell your hormone levels and they can/will effect your skin
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I am also plagued by this. I never had acne has a teen and it all started when I was 22. I always have at least a few spots on my face that I would rather not have there.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i dont get a lot of white heads but my face if full of black heads and they are so hard to get out and with so many id could sit for hours trying to get them all. so i feel your pain. i even went and got one of those blackhead tools but it doesnt seem to work for me.
    have you tried going to the dermatologist? they maybe able to help you with getting it under control
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Have you tried seeing a dermotologist???
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have similar issues, here are some things that helped

don't use drug store brand make ups, they all make you break out. Try bare minerals or smashbox.

don't wash your face too much, it sends the signal to your oil glands to create more oil even when you don't need it.

when you do wash your face, don't use stuff that dries the skin out. That's going to create more oil as well.

use an oil free moisturizer, it balances out the skin!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I am like this too. for me, Stress makes it worse.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You may have a dairy sensitivity
    If you eat conventional meat and dairy, the hormones may be affecting you

Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011