Truck insurance

I have a question: Has anyone every set up a(n) automatic withdraw per month to pay their vehicle insurance and it has not come out for that month?

***I have GEICO and I set up the automatic withdraw once monthly to pay for my vehicle insurance. Well.............the first payment never came out last week. And, the 2nd payment is due in a week. I am going to call them but, I wanted to make sure its not just me. The lady even read back my card information to me when I set it up 2 weeks ago....
I am behind on my loan payments for our vehicle. Could this affect vehicle insurance though? I have not heard of this but, was wondering.

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 7:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have not heard of that causing insurance payments to not be withdrawal from your acct. I would call and see what is going on with the company. Good luck!
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thank you!
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We've never had an issue with it, we've been paying ours automatically for years - and late payments on the vehicle loan (through our bank) have never affected it. But we also don't have Geico. Call them first thing in the morning and ask.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't think that your loan payments being behind would affect your Geico payment. I have them as well, and once I had insufficient funds to cover the payment, and it was declined and it came out the next week. Hope this helps. Give them a call!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We have our insurance withdrawn from our bank account every month on the 24th. Even though they say it is taken out on the 24th, it takes about 7 days for it to actually show and clear from our bank. I would call the insurance company to make sure that your payment has posted. If it has then it is probably just taking a while for it to clear at the bank.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011