Do you have "self compassion?" Do you treat yourself as well as you treat your friends and family?

Imagine your reaction to a child struggling in school or eating too much junk food. Many parents would offer support, like tutoring or making an effort to find healthful foods the child will enjoy. But when adults find themselves in a similar situation — struggling at work, or overeating and gaining weight — many fall into a cycle of self-criticism and negativity. That leaves them feeling even less motivated to change.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/28/go-easy-on-yourself-a-new-wave-of-research-urges/

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• I always try to find the time for me, I eat healthy, I workout everyday and do my hair and nails and toes on a regular basis, I like me!

Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• nope- I WISH I would eat better and work out and I want to...but I jsut can't seem to DO it. I think part of it is the lonliness(no friends here) and this cave of house! (not enough light and too small)
    maybe- hopefully someday...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I do, once in a while I put others before me, but when I dont I am critized as SELFISH BITCH, lol hey I am sometimes really tired to go watch your lovely kids, I do have my own, and sometimes I need a little break from the kitchen so I rather have take out (and I like to be specific in how I want my food prepare, I am paying for it, if you dont like the way I want to have it, I can always go elsewhere), Sometimes I dont answer my cellphone, I just want to spend time with daughter alone (Sorry I didnt interrupt daughter/mom's time to go give you a ride), so yes I do spoile myslef, I am a brat! lol But hey all this spoiling is costing to no one but me, I do treat people nicely when they come to my place, or we go everywhere else, I am a very nice person, so it makes me upset when people critice or are upset cause I wasnt available to help once, when I have done help probably more than 3 times..excersise, baths, wine, great food
    Rwive

Answer by Rwive at 11:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011