How would you tell your family your pregnant?

I found out Im pregnant by hpt 2 days ago. Tomorrow it will be confirmed by Health Department..how would you tell your family if you know they didn't want you to get pregnant again? I have a 5 month old, I am married, I love on my own, but they still butt in my life alot!

kirstee_roozen

Asked by kirstee_roozen at 7:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i wrapped the stick test in a box (with the cap on ;p) and had the positive part side up - then we went to my moms and told her we had a special gift for her, first words out of her mouth were 'oh you didnt have to" my first words were 'careful i pee'd on it' after she opened the box it was like some weird twisted joke - think of it this way they may be mad now but what are they going to do? It was hard telling my MIL because she up in our business too - but now shes just glad shes getting another grandchild
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 10:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i think pregnancy is wonderful so they shouldnt take it badly, my sister in law got preg when her baby was 4 mons, my family joked abt it 4 a few days, but then they were buying stuff for the baby the next day. It'll be fine. & they have to find out sooner or later rite?
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would just come out and tell them.... waiting isn't going to do much good. Be happy about it though, your kids will be close! It's exciting!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• When I found out I was prego, I gave a copy of the piece of paper that said I was pregnant along with the HPT to my hubby's Grandma (bc I didn't have a U/S yet). Then for my mom I took a copy of the first ultrasound and gave it to her inside a mother's day card for "Grandma" lol. Btw I found out I was preggers in May, so it kinda worked out.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i told them that Coral was going to be a big sister.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008