Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changed DD's name. Got court order. Now what?

I need to get her BC changed and her SS card. SS card is easy b/c it's universal. For her BC, she was born in VA but we live in OR now and name change was done in OR. Where do I file for the record change? Where she was born or where we are now?


Asked by huntin_mama at 7:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 16 (3,212 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • In her birth state. Go to the Web sight of the state government. It should have a place to download forms, tell you what to mail to them and how much it costs. When our adoptions were final and we were ordering ammended birth cerrts we had to send in certified copies of the court order, fill out their form and write a check. In CA it was $40 each. Plus signatures had to be notarized.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • Where she was born, so that her BC can be updated din the proper state.

    Answer by coala at 7:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011