what else can I feed my 5 month old she has been eating cereal and baby food since about 3 months

Wendy0930

Asked by Wendy0930 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try the stage 1 food that comes in the jars. I did those at 5 months with my DD. She loved them.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 7:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• You know most babies dont really latch onto solids until after a year old given half a chance.

Slow down on the solids.
    Anonymous

• At 3 months old I was feeding my daughter all kinds of things......It worked out fine for me, idk how your child is with allergies or anything but I would give my daughter mashed potatoes, i would mash up some of my green beans, peas, carrots, anything mushy, and she LOVED it.....maybe thats why she never really took to baby food lol. I feed her veggies off of my plate, and for FYI she never had any health problems or weight issues. But give them to her 1 at a time to make sure she isn't allergic tho. Hope that helps you :)
    Nat_n_LilsMom

Answer by Nat_n_LilsMom at 8:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• are you kidding she has been eating jar food since 3 months my boys were eating way earlier than a year, by a year they were eating steak
    Wendy0930

Answer by Wendy0930 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• 3 months is to young for solids their guts can't handle it and if you read the lables on the food it says if they can't sit up on their own then they are not ready for solids. Babies get everything they need either in their formula or breastmilk for the first year of their life they don't need solids. Why start so young? filling them up with empty calories is not good
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't add anything new at this stage. I don't condone early solids, but since you are already there, just take it down a notch. Stay where you are. At this age, nothing more is needed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008