So I fell hard on some ice a few days ago, went to the ER, now I'm hurting more!

When I fell I was unconsious as well. Starbucks didn't ice their side walk. I fell really hard. I have a lot of pain on my stomach area and abdominals and my pelvis and back. I told the doctor that my lower back felt twisted. She didn't even check it, then she orders a chest x ray!!! She did a half ass 5 minute ultrasound with a mini computer and told me all my vital organs were fine. They even tried to say I was taking percocet for pain!! Not even possible! They were looking at an older ER visit for a ruptured cyst three months ago when they sent me home with 5 percocets! MORONS! Nothing for pain, claiming nothing was wrong with me! Next thing I knew they pushed me right out the door! I felt like she was treating me in a very dismissive manner, rushing through everything. She didn't listen to anything I said, was cutting me off, telling me I wasn't feeling how I was feeling etc. I'm so pissed. I don't have money to go back, and I'm in more pain now than I was last night!!! Should I call the hospital admin? Will they do anything, or just treat me the same as the doctor did??

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• Go back up there and tell them you want further tests run. It is very possible to miss a small fracture when the body is inflammed. Unfortunately, sometimes emergency personnel can also be rushed through evaluations and such. I would tell them you want more tests run, that you are in pain and that you would like to discuss your visits with the social services dept. of the hospital. That way you can set them straight right away that you intend to pay nothing more for this visit.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Call the hospital and tell them about how you were treated... or not in this case. The hospital admin need to hear complaints or it ill just keep happening.

And let me guess... now you owe them $1200 for doing nothing for you. Damn that just pisses me off.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yep Pretty much! I'm so angry right now. The doctor wouldn't even make eye contact with me. I felt like I didn't belong there or something!! Like I was bothering her!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Go be a squeaky wheel and get yourself taken care of.

frustrated

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• call the hospital administation office and make a complaint but also get back in to be seen and checked over more throughly and make a incident report with Starbucks company and make them pay for everything you need to have done.  I fell in the cooler at work(some moron had mopped the floor and I didn't know it); and they had me taken to the hospital by ambulance and paid for everything

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2011