Just how stupid can soneone be (feel free to add your vent about stupid people)

got daughter's autism report from doctor, in mail the other day
her name was spelled wrong
i called and told them her correct spelling
today, got the 'corrected' eval report
they corrected her name on top of report,
but the report mentioned her by name 20 times in body of report
guess what, each of the 20 times - still wrong spelling
this is a medical document, and patients name spelled wrong, after i told them!

your turn

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 8:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I just asked a question on here with my rant. My mom's doc told her to eat junk food to gain weight. Umm,she has advanced COPD,high blood pressure,high cholesterol,no gall bladder,and had a section of large intestine removed,plus she's almost 67. She can't eat shit like that!
    Side note. We had that issue with my son's autism IEP with the wrong spelling,except ours was his first AND last name!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I was at the ER last night. No insurance, paying cash. I fell hard on some ice and hurt my lower back pretty bad!!! So the doctor, acting like a dismissive bitch, orders a chest x ray and sends me home!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• just have to comment...how things like THAT happen all the time to people and yet, I still hear how SOCIALIZING medicine is what's going to ruin it. RIGHT! At least then, the woman who fell on her back wouldn't have had to pay...
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 8:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My ex who is in jail for nonpayment of childsupport sent me a threat from jail! If I dont drop the case he was taking me to court for visitaion rights to MY 11 year old daughter he has NEVER had anything to do with! IGNORANCE BAFFLES ME!!!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Come to the parking lot of my kids' school at pick up. Most of us wait in line pick up our kids and go or park, pick up and go. 95% of the parents just drive. They barely stop for the teachers on stop sign duty and definitely don't care if you have right of way. If they want to go, they do. I nearly got hit 3 times this afternoon alone.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Dell Tech support. IF you can understand what they say......

Our now dead laptop is the last thing I will willingly buy from Dell/has the Dell logo on it. We live in Seattle. They tried to tell us that our laptop, which my husband uses for his self-employment, would make it to Tennessee, get fixed AND get back to us in 3-5 business days, standard shipping, total turnaround. It takes 3-5 days standard shipping ONE WAY.

If I'm feeling froggy and want to pick a fight with someone I'll call Dell, they always oblige my rising blood pressure.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thanks for the laughs. It is nice to know that I am not the only one that has stupid stuff happen to me. Those are the times when I wish that I had Bill Engval's "Here's Your Sign." You know the sign I am talking about.....I'm with Stupid ---->
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• at least they got your name correct on the IEP. I've been remarried for years, but they put my son's last name for mine on the IEP. So, that tells me they just assumed rather than looking at ANY of the many files i filled out with MY name on them. Duh....
    Anonymous

• lol
    thanks, i feel better, i am not only one that medical idiots target
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• last IEP
    had my last name wrong
    and
    had a page missing
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011