What do you think is the problem with Medicade?

How can we fix it?

I am writing a paper.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• When writing your own papers...it's important to become proficient in conducting internet searches...and of course properly citing your sources!! As much as I like to think I am well-versed in politics, I don't believe "Lorikeet from CafeMom says...." is considered a sufficient source for your bibliography! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I've seen too many moms with a slew of children on medicaid. It's obvious they're milking the system. I do agree that everyone deserves medical coverage, but to abuse a system makes me shake my head and walk away.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No one accepts it in my area anymore except cracked out nasty clinics.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Just trying to get a variety of ideas that is all. My paper is about what we Americans think. There is no right or wrong answer. Just saying if you can make it better what would you do?
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I get Medicaid but I'm not pregnant and they don't pay for dentistry if you aren't pregnant. I think they should pay for it even if you're just low income because I have a tooth that needs a root canal and can't afford it. That's one thing they need to change. And you can quote me if you want.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thanks proudmom! I am not quoting anyone just want to know what everyone think.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I don't have a problem with medicaid. I think health care is something everyone deserves, regardless of what they're doing with their lives.

however, you dont want my opinion on other forms of government assistance. lol. waaaaay more restrictions on that in my book.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I've seen too many moms with a slew of children on medicaid. It's obvious they're milking the system.

So what do you think needs to be done?
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Medicaid is a State level program. It's up to the individual states to fix their own Medicaid systems. I could tell you how MY state could improve the system - but it won't apply to all states. You need to really understand how the system works in your state.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011