SO's that work nights

does anyone have a spouse that works nights? my husband does and i hate it! he's normally home by 12am (which is nice, he could be gone the WHOLE night). do you stay up and wait for them or do you go to bed?

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 8:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• DH only works late nights in the summer to help out the family business. I can fall asleep but Im up every hour to see if hes home. Its not a good night sleep!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i work nights, i would kick my husband in the head if he waited up for me. what is the problem? 12am is early
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i hate it because i work mornings during the week plus weekends and then he's leaves right when i get home from work. it sucks because we don't see each that often.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My X husband worked nights . I never stayed up and waited for him but his hours were different than your husbands.

I will say this though, I think that his job played a big factor in my happiness and a bigger factor in our divorce.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 8:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I am up right now making sure he get home safely. I can't sleep without him beside me.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My husband has been working a late swing shift/early graveyard shift for over 7 years now. I HATE HATE HATE it. He leaves before dinner time, gets home right as we're getting up in the morning and sleeps till lunch at which time he has to shower and get ready to go and repeat cycle. I very much feel like a single mom that doesn't have a "real" job.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm not so sentimental that I can't sleep without him but I just wish I had more than a 45 minute block with him during the day.

I know I'm luckier than most and shouldn't be complaining because at least our son gets to spend time with him.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2011