How long do you let a 7 month old cry in the middle of the night,mine is still waking 2-3 times a night wanting as bottle, pacifer wont work, rubbing back --no rockin g-no he seems to be hungry drinks the whole bottle and goes right back to sleep.

dawnmichelle3

Asked by dawnmichelle3 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He is only seven months old. He just happens to be one that needs a lot to eat at a time when we would like to sleep. Love him, feed him, hold him he will grow up too soon.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If he's drinking awhole bottle,he's hungry! Feed the boy,don't let him cry!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I agree, if he is eating a whole bottle, he needs to eat. I fed my babies whenever they woke up if they were hungry for the first year. And even longer. If he is waking up and eating, then he needs the food.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Personally I would not let them cry at all and would feed the poor child who is obviously hungry and deal with it. LO is ONLY 7 months old. They are not expected to sleep through the night yet.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I don't let him cry. Just because I don't necessarily think he has a valid reason, doesn't matter. He may want to be fed, changed, held, comforted etc. Over time he may need less reassurance and wake less. It's just what they do, so I just go with the flow.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Oh and what we define as sleeping through the night is actually 4-5hrs in baby terms, so make sure not to ignore him. They need to be fed.

Day or night, they are not to go without milk for more than 4hrs and most babies need feeding more often than that. Feed him on demand - he knows when he's hungry, even if you may think it's excessive.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• well thank you i have felt that way and i am not letting him cry i get up everytime, my doc and many others say I am spoiling him and i need to wean him or ferberize, and i dont like that but many keeping saying he should be sleeping.......so thank you for the reassurance!!!
    dawnmichelle3

Comment by dawnmichelle3 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• keep saying of course
    dawnmichelle3

Comment by dawnmichelle3 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If you are thirsty or hungry in the middle of the night...it would pain you to try to sleep with your belly growling or your mouth dry. The baby is thinking the same thing but instead of being able to get up and walk to the kitchen, he/she needs their mommy or daddy to help them.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I just want to clarify I have not been letting him cry ...I do feed him but others even my doctor tell me to let him cry and I wanted to know how others handle this, thank you for the imput
    dawnmichelle3

Comment by dawnmichelle3 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011