My 2 year old dd has been sick for about 2 weeks and instead of getting better she getting worse running high fevers of 103.3..

and now she wont eat a thing or drink the most she had today was 2 sips of water and a juice box this morning and yes i took her to the doc twice including today he says its a virus my question is what can ni do at home to make her drink?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Id have blood work done. It could be Mono. Give her gatorade that is watered down and try pedialite or at least the popsicles. Soup with sodium is great because it will help her retain water. If she doesnt drink and seems lethargic then go to the ER. They will diganose asap and be able to administor fluids if necessary. GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Give her any kind of liquid that appeals to her at this point. It's not like she get's the stuff all the time! And make sure you are being regular with tylenol and ibubrofren to keep that fever down! If she is 103 and you already gave her motrin, I'd be in the ER ASAP and getting a new doctor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I do not have a solution. Maybe suck on a wet washcloth. What was his temperature when he was at the Drs. I am worried.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If she continues to have a high fever and the doctor was aware how long this has been going on, I would be going and getting a second opinion or going to the ER. I agree with a PP...try popsicles too.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would follow steph's advice.
    tootoobusy

• My DD just had this and had to have blood work done and a cath and everything some of her blood work came back a little off but nothing to alarming and now she's back to her old self :) but I'd get blood work done too just to be safe.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• At 103 I would be at the hospital. But at least call your doctor and make sure that is acceptable.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• She needs to see another dr., if she's been sick for 2 weeks and is still not getting better, but getting worse with high temps and not eating/drinking, she needs antibiotics. I can imagine she feels miserable, why should she have to suffer any longer?? Take her to another dr or the ER and get her some attention. I agree with the popsicles, ice cubes, juice boxes, jello--anything to get her some liquids.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011