I have a hairy situation

Since Ive been pregnant this time most of the hair on my face turned dark adn thickened! WTF??? I tried bleaching and that barley takes the color out and I have to wax like weekly. Any other suggestions?? An does it go away after birth????

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• OMG! That happened to me, too. It didn't go away. Boo. It didn't happen when I was pregnant with my girl, but when I was pregnant with my boy it did.

Sooo, I am still doing a wait and see, but I may see laser in my future.
    Anonymous

• ughhhh i'm sorry!! it happened to me too when i was pregnant with my son but it went away a few months after he was born and my hormones went back to sorta normal.

i wonder if the hormones you've got going through ya when you're breastfeeding have anything to do with it? I didn't breastfeed long, so my hormones went back to normal sooner rather than later.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I hope that doesn't mean Im having a boy lol no offense I have 2 already but that didn't happen to me with them.... Wierd I hope it goes away :(
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Ever notice that when you're pregnant that you don't shed as much hair, and that it looks fuller and has more volume? It's the hormones. Whatever the chemical "imbalance" your hair won't fall out and actually gets thicker while pregnant. It SHOULD all go back to normal after baby is born.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Your hormones change with pregnancy. While you don't shed, the darkening may be permanent. I have a blonde 'beard' now. I have more hair on my face after pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• that crazy. i wouldn't bleach though because of the chemicals. and be careful with shaving and waxing because that makes hair come back darker and thicker. sorry girl. good luck
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 1:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Wax
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I do weekly :(
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2011