Cleaning?

Ok, so I don't really NEED cleaning advice lol, it's not that hard, but I was wondering what everyone's #1 tip for cleaning or organizing is.

Mine would be: Take it one day at a time, don't stress over not picking up every single Cheerio your toddler drops at snack time, and don't kill yourself cleaning because that will make you hate it and it will be more likely to pile up on you in the future.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I like your advice. I also have to remind myself that sometimes a vaccuum and quick pick up can do miracles for a room. I don't need to scrub every section of a room to feel okay about it.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No stress is good. Clean as you go so it does not build up.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• just make it sanitary and recycle all unwanted paper and do regular donations to the goodwill. i have a HUGE clutter problem, i can barely move in this house, we just have TOO MUCH STUFF!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have to keep reminding myself that no matter how many times I pick up or have my son pick up his toys, he's going to want to pull them out to play with them again and make a mess! ...but why else did he get the toys?? TO PLAY!!!!!!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Everything needs a place and needs to be in that place when you go to bed, so the mornings are less stressful. Backpacks in the same spot and ready to go for AM. Lunches partially packed the night before. Papers looked at nightly- shredded PDQ, if not needed. Garbage from the mail never goes into the house. If you bring in 2 bags of stuff, 2 bags must be discarded.

Organization  and routine decrease stress, and make for a happier home.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011