So,what are the odds she'll actually get her s*it together finally?

My cousin lost her baby in '09 due to the fact she wasn't feeding him and he wasn't gaining weight. She goes to court,judge says get a job,an apartment,basically get a life,and you can get your son back. meanwhile she has kid #2. fast forward a year and a half,still no job,no apartment,just her loser life still. Today she goes to court,judge says get and keep a job,we'll see you in October. if you don't,your son is being put up for ADOPTION by Jan. 2012. today she goes out in a flurry of putting applications in. i hope she gets her life together,but if her past behavior is any indication,she'll give up in a week or two. :(

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
    Will keep my fingers crossed for the children involved, whatever may end up happening.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Wow- how awful for those kids. It makes me so sad to hear stories like that. Esp. when there are people out there trying to have children and cant. Then we have fertile myrtles who do & dont appreciate the gift they've been given. You didn't mention drugs, but I have to wonder if she is doing that. B/C I cant wrap my head around someone being in their right mind & not doing everything in their power to do right by their children. I hope for the kids' sake they end up in a loving home, whether with her or an adoptive family.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If she didn't get her stuff together immediately after he was taken, it's not likely she will over any amount of time.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• In this economy, it is extremely difficult for anyone to find a job. It is undoubtedly more difficult for someone with this person's background and history. She needs to get a pro bono attorney to protect her and her child.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No drugs...drinking alot though,like 5-6 days a week

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2011