Im 32 weeks and taking oxycodone and oxycontin, iv taken this for the past 4 years and hate that I have had to continue while pregnant, is there anyone that has taken this during there pregnancy? what was the outcome? Iv talk to my drs and just wanted to ask someone that has been through this too

girls4u

Asked by girls4u at 8:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did with two pregnancies. One I had broken bones, and dealing with the pain was worse than the medicine itself, and the other pregnancy I lost too much sleep because I had migranes and I actually tore my round ligament, right in the crotch! Both the babies were just fine!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I had to take the same painkillers while I was pregnant and my baby was fine.  But I didn't take them on a daily basis.  I think there might be some risk of the baby having withdrawal symptoms.  If the docs know what you're taking, then I guess they know how to handle any detox symptoms the baby has.  Goodluck.  They are hard to kick, believe me I know.  But I think suboxone and methadone are in fact worse for the baby.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I took oxycodone while pregnant for severe kidney pain. I only took it for about two months off and on though. My son was fine.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Not sure. Good Luck. Just ask your DR.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011