Apartment: Good option for a family or not, and why/why not?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 8:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• if u can afford the house go all out but lots f apartments give the house feeling
    it dosent matter thought home is where the heart is
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 9:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I grew up in an apartment. I have also lived in apartments with my children at times. You do what you have to do, what you can afford.
    Anonymous

• We ive in one and it works for us. usually no pets is the downner.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We live in an apartment and we love it. We also have several amenities- pool, game room, fitness room, playground, grills and picnic tables, and a fenced paved area for skateboards, bikes, scooters, and roller blades. It's perfect for us!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I live in military housing and its a townhome which is perfect for us cause we only have one child and a dog and we have a backyard for our pooch and a playset back there for our son. An apartment works for us too but I love having a yard. I couldn't have my lab in one. They are affordable and you don't have to worry about a yard if yardwork isnt your thing!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If what you can afford is an apartment, then search for one that is family friendly. The apartments we lived in before we could save up to purchase a house were all family friendly.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think an apartment is a good option for a family. Some are very roomy and some have utilities included in the cost of rent which always helps. As long as it is in a good, safe area and it is big enough for your family I think it is a viable option.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 12:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We live in an 800 sq foot apartment that is military housing. Its small, and with another baby on the way we're on a wait list but dont seem to move up. I dont mind a townhome, but this is just cramped and tiny.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Cassi- I would LOVE a townhouse.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We sorta live in an apartment. We live in the basement apartment of my MIL's house. It took about a year to build - originally it was unfinished just cement floors and walls. It's now a 2 bedroom apartment with living room/kitchen and bathroom. Obviously we'd love to buy a house but financially can't afford to at the moment and when MIL almost lost her home after her husband died we decided to move in a help financially, taking over the mortgage and helping with other household bills.
    Anyway, we have full usage of the front & backyard, swimming pool and we've put up a huge trampoline for our girls. Our place isn't huge and for that reason I'd LOVE to own my house, but in time that will come too. Our place isn't tiny it's a decent size. The house is ranch style and, and for the most part, we have the full length of the house - minus the big laundry room my MIL has down here.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011