Oh my goodness today while I was getting my dd 2 ready to go out i was putting on her new sneakers and put the box next to her and after observing it for a couple minutes she read me what the box said i was so proud of her ..

and no i never used any of those reading products with her and now a couple minutes ago while watching blues clues they were doing a math problem whats 11 -5 and she yells out six omg what can i do to keep encouraging this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is amazing! My son is no where near that level and he turns 2 on the 9th! Congrats to a smart kid :) ....and here I was impressed with my son "trying" to sing a song hehe
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• amazing
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Way to go. Sorry no suggestions though
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 9:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• preschool?
    congratulations! maybe she'll be one of those super smart kids that graduates college at like fourteen
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 12:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• awesome
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 5:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• What you do now is follow her lead. Young kids are little sponges and they can learn a lot IF they are engaged and interested. Make it fun. If she's showing interest in reading, find games that involve reading. My oldest was about your DD's age when he started to read. We would nurture that interest with sight-word Bingo games, I Spy using words, Treasure Hunts using a combination of words and images AND reading early readers together - giving him the chance to read to me when he wanted to. If she's showing interest in math - there are TONS of games you can play that taps into those skill sets and interest. Make it fun. See what gets her attention and then offer her the chance to explore it. At that age we were making volcanoes, raising butterflies in bug cages, trying to change white Daisies different colors with food dye, etc.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011