How do you know when is right?

I've been dating a really great guy for a little while now, and I've never had this kind of chemistry with someone before. We have soo much in common, he's funny, understanding, considerate, and most importantly is not only understanding of me being a mom, but supportive and encouraging. Alot of men I've dated either got jealous of my daughter coming before them or just didn't care. When something comes up with her that interferes with our plans he tells me he's glad I'm a good mother and its no problem. I have a ton of fun with him and we've gotten really close.

Now theres two questions I have regarding this. I've started falling for him and he tells me he likes me, out of the blue, like one would tell their SO they loved them. When do I know if he feels as deeply for me as I do for him, and when do I tell him how I feel? Secondly, when should I introduce him to my daughter?

Thanks!

KlieneMutter

Asked by KlieneMutter at 9:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• You introduce him to your daughter AFTER you've gotten the answer to your other questions.
    You need to know that this is a long term relationship before. There is nothing worse that confusing a small child with a guy that ends up not sticking around.

As for when you tell him, you will know. If you get along well and feel like you can talk about anything, just ask him where he feels this relationship is.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would just be very blunt and ask him where he sees this relationship going? And I agree with the previous poster that you should ONLY involve your daughter if this becomes a serious, and lasting relationship.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 9:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i would just tell him how you feel, if he is that supportive thus far then chances are he feels the same. as far as meeting your daughter its hard to say when its the right time, only you know that.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I agree, I don't want her getting attached to someone who won't be around long. She's delt with that with the women coming and going from her father's life. I've been very careful about the men in mine and her. Sorry I should of specified, I know him and I would continue to be friends if things never get really serious. So with that in mind, yeah I guess I answered that for myself >.<

At any rate... I'm a bit of a backward person when it comes to my feelings towards men and coming right out with it. I've had problems in the past with coming on too strongly and having them run. At the same time I'm a bit afraid of the concept of falling for someone again.
    KlieneMutter

Comment by KlieneMutter (original poster) at 3:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011