Ok now I really don't think I can do anything about my neighbors!

I have been posting about an issue with my party animal neighbors. We have put in numerous complaints with the condo association, called the police, asked them to stop, ect. and they continue to have disruptive parties that wake us and our daughter up all the time.

So, It turns out that the condo next door is actually owner by a man who is first selectman of an affluent town near us, but the person living there is his son and son's girlfriend. On top of it, we found out that the man that owns the condo is buddies with the condo's president of property management. In normal cirumstances, our neighbors would get fined for every complaint we make, but I am going to garuntee that our complaints just get thrown out. So basically it looks like there is nothing we can do to stop these people from disrupting us and our daughter. We can call the police but I don't think we will get anywhere just like in the past. What else can I do!? Call the news?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Did you move into my old condo? I know exactly how you feel. We had to call the police and it helped some but let's say that I have a dent in my door that wasn't there before. = (

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• What about a civil law suit claiming mental anguish?
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Isnt there an noise ordinance?? I know where I live, it has nothing to do with the owners of the condominiums but the local authorities and their rules. People around here get fined for not obeying the noise ordinance which starts at 10pm.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• damn its hard when you are battling against money bags. maybe get a mailing address to the kids father and write a nice long letter to him to make him aware of things. that may help. also yes i would keep calling the police. just because the kid comes from money doesnt make him above the law.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes there is a noise ordinance with both the condo complex and the city. So far neither have done anything. I guess if I start calling the police all the time, that maybe they will start fining them?? At this point I'm not even sure that it will do anything because our neighbors are young, disrespectful, rich kids. They'll probably just pay it and do it again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You can't just assume that either. You really need to just stick to your guns, and continue to call on them every single time. I know it's hard and the odds are stacked, but do your part and keep reporting them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Condos suck.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011