Are any of you making presents this year?

We are making salt dough ornaments, truffles, cookies and I don't know what else yet.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am going to make a wreath for my MIL and my son is making snow globes for his grandma & grandpa.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Snow globes! What a great idea. How do you do that?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Just go on youtube.com and type in how to make snow globes they have DIY videos.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My daughter and i just got done making a scrapbook for her Gammy My future grandmother in law. We made a windchime for her GramB my future mother in law, we are making my mom a necklace.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I am going to be making a bunch of stained glass stuff for people. I did this last year and the year before. It saves a butload of money and the gifts look and feel expensive. And people love them because they are custom made. My MIL loves cobalt blue glass, so I just keep making things to add to her collection. If anyone wants to learn how to make stained glass go here: Stained Glass Obsession

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm making beaded jewelry, bath sets (sugar scrubs, lotion & soap bars) note card sets, crocheted things like shawls and blankets and scarves, hybrid scrapbook albums for family that is far away, candles, candy, cookies, and some sewn clothing items and purses, and ornaments.

yes I have no life and get bored LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm making ceramics on a potters wheel. Various shaped bowls and some small dishes. Love ceramics. I actually love it more for me - the bowls and such are just by-products of my fun!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• im making several quilts & my sil i have made her a halloween themed (thats her fav. holiday besides Christmas) Quilted pot holders & a couple of hot pads for her & her bf's new apt...i got a lot of work to do still..lol
    craftygal76

Answer by craftygal76 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i been making coasters http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2006/11/crisscross_coas.html i make four and tie em up with a ribbon and people think i am amazing. i am so amazing, i even surprise myself! lol

and this site has a how-to for a lot of neat things: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/mcshelpsite/sewingstuff/freepatterns.html
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 5:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• ooh i just had to bookmark this one to come back tomoro and check out that angelfire site.sounds neato!~
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 9:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2009