Dating question.

If a guy asks you out on a one-on-one date, can you automatically assume he's interested (romantically) or does it happen that guys ask females out on one-on-one dates just to be friends??

Yeah I know, every guy is different blah blah blah, but in general?

Im talking about when you've just met someone and you're not really sure if you're just friends.... If you havent hung out with him a lot before, and he suddenly asks you to do something just the two of you,
how do you know it's a romantic date or a friendly date?

I always have this problem when meeting guys!! I can never tell if they ask me out as friends or if they're interested!! So yea, how can u tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I would assume that it's a friendly date since romance comes after I get to know a guy.

One night stands or sex on a first date died long ago for me. Being that I'm a mom, I have to be careful with my heart and my child's welfare.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I guess it all depends on how the "date" goes. I would think him wanting to do one on one with just you means he is interested in you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would assume if it was a one-on-one date that he is interested in you romantically. If he wanted to be just friends, he would just hang out with you with other friends.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You would have to go out w/ him to see how the date goes and if he is showing more iterest in you than just being buddies than it may be something that will eventually become serious.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Where are you going??? That is a big factor! I would take it as a friendly date and let it take its course. The guy "should" make it pretty obvious if he's interested romantically!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• What are they saying when they ask you? If they ask if you want to just "hang out" sometime, they may only be interested in a friendship. Or, it may be a sneaky starter date to see if they would want to see you romantically! I think the best thing to do, tho', is ask them!
    hrh.sassypants

Answer by hrh.sassypants at 9:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would assume it's a romantic date, especially if dinner is involved.
    Does he pay for your meal? That's a good indicator.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 9:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I wasn't sure how to answer this so I asked my son (28). He said "When I ask a woman out it is because she looks good or said or did something that made me think we might have something in common..I ask them out because I want to get to know them" I hope that helps.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The first time we went out, my kids were with me...the second time he asked me out but I already had plans and the following day we went out with a couple of friends because it was Sunday (after church). So he has just asked me out...I was just busy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If he asked for a 1 on 1.... its a date. He's inerested in YOU. Relax and go with the flow... if you are interested in him that is. BUT NO SEX or ANYTHING LIKE IT. Kissing ok ya know but ....LOL See what his eyes say, his smile when he looks at you, how often does he try to touch you, your hand, put his arm around you.... girl... I am thinkback to my 1st date wit my husband 20 yrs ago....lol and getting lost in it alll over again........whew... good luck to you
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 10:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011