What foods should u avoid...

what should i stay away from while breatfeeding

Dani3lla

Asked by Dani3lla at 9:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Really, only things that you notice that upset babies tummy.

The only thing that I couldn't eat was jalepeno poppers. She would boycott me for a day. Other than that, I just kept in mind what I ate to see if she was spitting up more than normal or having other tummy issues.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It depends on your baby. Some babies are upset by many foods that a mom eats (garlic, onions, pepper, milk, etc.) and others aren't affected at all by anything. None of mine ever had any tummy issues, but my oldest was finicky about not breastfeeding as long after I ate anything garlicky. I avoided caffeinated drinks because I didn't want it going in to my breastmilk.

Answer by missanc at 9:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would stay away from excess of caffeine and sugar, but otherwise, just be mindful of eating things that you notice upset the babies tummy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• it wasn't food. i took pain pills because i just got out of the hospital...it gave her diarrhea. After that, I suffered through the pain.
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 5:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2011