Mom of four.....no friends!

I recently realized that a lot of moms i know, but are not really close with, have a nice group of close female friends. I don't have any sisters. a lot of my frineds don't have kids. I guess question is how does a busy mom make new friends? I'm extremely shy and private. I guess i need to loosen up! But where does a busy working mother start?

Cindylou6

Asked by Cindylou6 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• girl.. i am in the same position but i only have one kid lol.. maybe we just have to stop being so uptight( no offense) but if ur anything like me than thts our prob. i really wish i had more girlfriends
    mssweetwendy

Answer by mssweetwendy at 9:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yeah, i have trust issues!!! lol. More Girlfriends would be nice but females can be too dramatic for me!
    Cindylou6

Comment by Cindylou6 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well joining cm is a great start. You can search for moms in your area and send them an email. Get to know them and maybe you can go out with them from time to time or have play dates with your kids. Good luck :)

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well, a mom of 4, for all practical purposes, you don't have time for friends. After you've spent all morning getting the kids out the door, you are already spent by the time you barely get to work at 9am, you work all day, come at 5 or 6. Your second shift starts with getting the kids doing homework, fed, bathed and go to the sleep. You probably have about 2 hours of free time per day, but that also includes time spent doing house chorse. When do you have time/energy for friends? Just kidding...I am in the same boat. I have 2 young children, full-time job.. I would look for fellow working moms at work IN DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS. so you don't have to worry too much about conflict of interest/politics, etc. I get together with them for lunch. Occassionally see one of them on weekends b/c our girls are similar age. Everyone has an implicit understanding that our time is limited, so no one takes offence to ...
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• CONTINUE ....no one takes offence to not meeting on a regular basis. What you'll end up with is a group of mom's who face the similar issues as you and very "low maintenance" to grow the friendship. Just start by casually stopping by another mom's desk and ask her kid stuff/advise. It'll be easy after that...pick someone you think you'll get along. Trust your intution.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have no idea, I have no local friends.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I am the same way I don't have any friends and it is very hard for me to make friends because once I start letting people get close to me something happens and they no longer want anything to do with me.  I know how you are feeling.  If you'd like send me a friends request just let me know that I answered your question on here and invited you.

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2011