i want to home schol my daughter in the state of Delaware. She was doing online schoolig in the state of South Carolina . our place caught in fire down there and sence we have ben out of SC too long they decided to kick us out of conections academy. Please tell me what I need to do to get started with home schooling .

where do I need to register and get her started?

kathleenbosze

Asked by kathleenbosze at 7:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• You can go to: http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1 You can find your state and what requirements you need to meet to homeschool. I homeschool my 16yr old son and we are under an Umbrella School so the State has NO say so over what I do. I do not have to ever answer to them.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• umm hi, i know my niece is in virtual school like your daughter was and i dont know how old you daughter is but if she is in middle school she can sign up for the middle school one or if she is in high school like my niece is then she may go to the high school one, the middle school and elementry one the link is www.wivcs.groupfusion.net so if you want to try that one out be my guest, that link works for both high school and middle school. Good Luck and take a look and see if you like that one
    catwomen433

Answer by catwomen433 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm thinking homeschooling your child isn't in their best interest? Seems you should go back to school for grammar and spelling! Sheesh!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the previous poster - I think homeschooling might not be the best option for you after reading your post. No offense to you personally, but what's really in the best interest of the child?

Might I suggest if they have half-time programs within your school district? Maybe your child could go to school on certain days, and homeschool certain days - that way there would be a proper balance between public and home education. Also, there are places within certain communities where they teach groups of homeschooled kids a few times a week - sort of like a part-time private school. It'll cost you, but well worth it if you do not have a teacher's certification.
    Anonymous

• My daughter grad HS 2 yrs early, at that time she was already a sophomore in college with a 4.0 GPA. We homeschooled her the 6th grade at the same time she was in 5th grade, and then gradually got her ahead after that. At the time we used correspondence courses, but towards the end of her HS she took online dual-credit classes through online state colleges. She is not some over-the-top smart person, we just knew how to do the right things to keep her busy and get her ahead.
    Find out if there is a homeschooling group in your area where different families swap different subjects - for instance one family teaches Language Arts/English/Lit, while another family teaches Science/Math, then there is PE, and yet another family teaches Music, or the Arts, or foreign languages - and don't forget about field trips....you all swap houses at certain times on certain days so all your children get a rounded education.
    Anonymous