What i the best flea stuff for a 12 week old dog??

not sure of the right words but what is the best drop thingys to use on a puppy

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 9:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pets

• Advantage or Frontline. Please do not use any of the over the counter stuff (Hartz, biospot..etc) that you can get in walmart or other grocery type stores. Only use what you can get from your vet's office. Or you can get Frontline or Advantage at Petsmart too. I am a registered vet tech and I have seen terrible side effects from the over the counter stuff.
    firstimer9510

Answer by firstimer9510 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Dr. Foster and Smith.com swear by K9 Advantix and Advantage. If I recall, it's for puppies over 7 weeks. Please check first. I use Advantix on my 7 mo. old pup. I just started it and am waiting the results.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have had to deal with a flea problem before. They say Advantage works. It didn't work for us. The fleas were really bad. They were everywhere in our house, on us, and on our cat. I don't know where you live, but in the South are majorly done in April and in October. Nothing dies there. Talk to your vet about the flea problem and set off flea bombs in your place. Wash everything that you can. I hope that you can get a handle on the problem.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• LOL I'm in the process of getting rid of fleas in my house of 3 cats. We went with Frontline Plus and, I'm not kidding, within 10 minutes of applying it (trying) between their shoulder blades they had already stopped scratching. You will also want to treat your house and possibly your yard. Since our cats are indoor only the yard is a moot point for us.

Vacuum really well, sprinkle some borax (laundry aisle, near the oxyclean) on your carpets then work it into the carpet with a broom if needed. You will also need some kind of spray to get the shadow areas, like under your couch and the beds. We did that this afternoon, and need to treat the other half off the house tomorrow when we have more borax. I have yet to see a flea since we did that a few hours ago.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Frontline is the best and the safest product in my opinion for a young puppy. Make sure you don't bathe the dog 48 hours before or after you apply the drops to be safe. I always apply it in two places, the base of the neck and the rump, right by the base of the tail. Make sure you part the hair and get the drops actually on the dog's skin, under the hair.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2011