Yeast infection during pregnancy? adult content

I"m 34 weeks pregnant, and I think I may have a yeast infection but I'm not sure because I've never had one before. I recently was hospitalized and given three types of IV antibiotics for pyelonephritis, and sent home with Macrobid. In the past couple of days, I've developed some vaginal swelling, tenderness, redness, and irritation. No odor or discharge or anything like that. I do plan to see the doctor but my appointment isn't until Thursday so I'm just looking for a heads up from anyone who has experienced anything like this. It's really not even that bad, I've just never had any type of problem like this so I'm a little nervous. Could this be caused by the antibiotics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• Antibiotics will usually cause one. Call a doc before you get OTC meds. They will tell you that you have to use the 7 day cream since the oral meds are not permitted during pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would call your OBGYN like jademom07 said. I had a yeast infection with all 3 of my pregnancies. I hate them! My doctor told me to use Monistat or something similar to it.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It's very common during pregnancy, your hormones and all this stuff is all over the place. Just phone the nurse or OB at your office and they will advise you. Mine gave me a five day, she discouraged the one-day treatment.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Very common. I had one while pregnant. I just used the OTC monistat 3 and it went away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011