How do you do I explain aspergers to other children in house

loveshersons

Asked by loveshersons at 9:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• We have a downstairs neighbor that is autistic. I don't think he's has aspergers though. I remind my kids, when he comes up, that they need to be nice to him, that he just thinks differently than they do. There is nothing wrong with that, but y'all gotta give him some extra room........

That kind of thing,
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I don't even know how to explain asperger's to my asperger's child...He is 6 and I haven't told him yet. I am going to have to soon. My 3 year old is asking questions about his behavior. So far with her I have just said he is still learning (insert questioned skill here). I have n idea how I will full cross that bridge. I hope you get some really good advice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I don't know if you have ever seen the show "Parenthood". It's on ABC on Tues. nights. There is a child on the show with aspergers and he overheard his parents talking and found out he has aspergers and they had to explain it to him. You can watch the episode online it will help you quite a bit. Go to abc.com.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• take them to the library and read books about it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:23 AM on May. 16, 2011