Anyone else heard of this weightloss program?

I just started this at the begining of February. I go to a clinic and get a series of injections which include B12, L-carnitine, lipotropic and hcg. And I am on a 1200 calorie diet.

iwantwins

Asked by iwantwins at 9:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It sounds like something my sis-in-law did....she did pretty well on it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My mother-in-law and sister-in-law went on this along with many in their church. They lost a lot of weight. When they quit doing it, many started to gain the weight back.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• dustbunny raises a great concern!

I've never heard of it but my understanding is that 1200 might be too low for some people. Everyone has different minimum calorie requirements. For some people just for their body to function with them sitting on a couch all day requires 1300 or more calories so be careful with going TOO low on calorie intake. Especially if your also working out and burning 200-500 calories more
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes, i've heard of it. I don't agree with the hcg. women should not be adding unnecesary hormones. It may have an immediate effect, but the long term effects could be bad. B-12 and L-carnitine are fine, but you can buy those OTC. lipotrpic? don't know about. But if you put ANYONE overweight on a 1200 calorie diet, they will lose weight, even without those supplements. No magic in that. And if you exercise and are only eating 1200 calories, you will do more harm than good. And you cannot LIVE on a 1200 calorie diet, so you need to figure out how to eat right and exercise in order to lose wieight and keep it off without doing damage to your body.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Ive heard of friends of friends do and they lose weight and keep it off.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 2:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Have not heard of it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Never heard of it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• HCG diet....it'll work, but it's not good for you, the calorie count is too low
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011