How to make adoption bussness cards cheap

hopingtoadopt01

Asked by hopingtoadopt01 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Adoption

• What exactly are adoption business cards and what do you plan to do with them?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That was my question too. I think I have an idea of what they are but I'm not sure. I have a vauge memory of reading a news article about them once.
    Aislin

Answer by Aislin at 7:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Curious what this is? I've never heard of adoption business cards.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• When we first started to research adoption, we found a site that said to get your information out to anyone and everyone you could. One of the examples was to make little business cards and hand out to hospitals, churches, etc. The theory was that the more people who knew you were wanting to adopt, the quicker you would find someone who wanted to place. I looked at it more as someone doing it with a lawyer and since we were doing everything through an agency, we never considered going the route of "adoption business cards."
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• OP...Go to Office Max or Staples and buy a pack of do-it-yourself business cards. They will probably set you back $10 or so. Then use Word or WordPerfect to print.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That is what I thought they were. I still don't understand why any one would think this is a good idea. (by any one I mean adoption professionals) The article I saw was a couple giving a card like this to their pregnant waitress. It didn't go over well to say the least. I know that some adoption professional probably told you this is a good idea but I would rethink it. It can be seen as very offensive.
    Aislin

Answer by Aislin at 1:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Are you going to hand them out at high schools as the pregnant teens come out? Just wondering.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Aislin. I think it is a poor idea.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 3:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• well thanks for all ur comments. i do notp lan t hand them out at high shools! i just wont to get the word out i dont reallyhave a big family so the family i have are doing there best to tell people what do u think about ad in the newspaper i also read hat in he same boo. hope u can help!
    hopingtoadopt01

Comment by hopingtoadopt01 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Can I ask what book you are reading with these suggestions?
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2011