Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my baby was born mentally disabled would the government help me out and is so how would they help?

Like would the child get disability or some government help for disabled children.


Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • You can get SSI for a child. You the parent would be the payee , unless your household has to much income...but yes services are available

    Answer by justalady774 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • Yes, but the child has to be diagnosed from the pediatrician. From there, you can get medicaid and/or disability. But you would have to go the local medicaid office you apply. Good luck, and I hope the baby can get the help he/she needs.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011