What do you do when one of you is "in the mood" and one of you isn't?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I suck it up ( no pun intended :) ...and I build so much credit that I always get mine.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I do it anyway, most of the time I end up in the mood after a little convincing, and if not, then it's done and he's happy and I don't have to deal with a baby who didn't get his way. :)
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I usually go along with it unless I'm SUPER not in the mood. I know I don't like to get turned down so I try not to do the same lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• For the most part if he knows that I'm too tired and am not in the mood then he doesn't ask or initiate. But then there are times when I go give in but I take control of the "situation." I know if I take control it's quicker. But if I let him take control (especially if I'm not into it) it seems to take forever. Then there are times when I initiate as soon as he comes home to surprise him. ;)

So glad I run things here. lol

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• usually we do it anyway. i always enjoy it, so i keep that in mind if i'm not hip to the idea at first. If he's "not in the mood' it doesn't take much to change his mind (a little stimulation goes a long way...lol). Occasionally, one of us truely isn't in the mood, and we just come out and say it before getting into bed. That doesn't happen very much at all.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't
    Mom2Ladybug

Answer by Mom2Ladybug at 10:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We would like to discuss among ourselves and reach to a conclusion...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• this is hysterical, am i the first woman here who is the one always in the mood- and it's my SO that usually isn't?? lol, i like to blame the age gap, but it's really he works many more hours at a stressful job- so surprisingly sex is the last thing on his mind...i have been turned down, and it hurts (esp since no man i dated has EVER done that to me) but it took me a while to realize it's not me, it's just the situation. when i have stressful thirteen hour days and come home to him and my daughter, it's the last thing on my mind too-- difference is i easily get in the mood, him- not so much lol. sooo long story short, the answer is sometimes we do it and the other person gets in the mood, or sometimes i get shut down :(
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• this is hysterical, am i the first woman here who is the one always in the mood- and it's my SO that usually isn't?

NO! That's why I asked the way I did lol. Since we started having sex in 2006, I have been the one who was always wanting it until THIS week lol. Now he's practically begging, but first I had a stomach bug or food poisoning, then I had a migraine so bad I couldn't function, and tonight he went to bed at like 7PM lol. It's ridiculous! I think I'm going to jump him when he gets home tomorrow.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i almost always give it to him if he wants it because i dont believe in turning down my SO....i have to truly be ill or extremely tired to say no....however, i get shut down MUCH more often than he does because he works hard and is always tired. i've had to learn to accept that it has nothing to do with me and not take it personally. if i get shut down, i will occassionally take matters into my own hands, but i really dont enjoy masturbation that much, so i usually just go to bed...lol.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2011