Braids?

so my daughter wants a different braid style. (i've done about 10 or so different looks of braids on her).. anyone have pictures or links to braid styles for a girl.. (mind you she has thin and fine wiry hair, so not all styles work)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have seen some newer styles that were cute. They started with a French Braid and ended it (about the last 3rd) with a fishscale. - Split in 2 and weave like a french braid. - You can move a braid anywhere you want. do front or bang row across the forehead. then do alternate rows behind that going opposite ways. Use large rows. So you end up with about 5 rows. - Part off large squares and do just a standard braid. Then you can gather those in a pony tail. - braid just the bangs and clip back. If you google braids you might get some sites. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Google braid styles, then click on images. It works great because you only get the images without threading through annoying sites!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• theres a group on her with different styles too. it helped me out ..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 1:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Love braids!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

•  

Pippi!

Anonymous

• i am NOT doing pippi on my daughters hair! lol
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• that sounds cute lejane.. i'll save that idea for when my youngest gets older and longer hair, but i dont think it will work for my three year old. her hair may not be long enough.. and i'll have to leave the bangs out and work a row back from there because of her funky hair line, but i'll give it a try, see if it works, alter it a little to work with her hair a little better
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Starting working from the front of the face. Part the hair from the mid front of the scalp. Leave the hair at the back. From left side of the scalp(front part) make one braid, do exactly the same from the right side. Now make a pony taking all the hair at the backside as well the braids and tieing them together. This style is easy & your daughter would surely appreciate it....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would google it and see what comes up, you should get alot of different links.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i did googled braids for new styles, but most are the same looks repeated and they get boring, or because of my daughters hair type and hair line and length, some will just NOT work. lol.

anumeha,, i she doesn't want loose hair because she wants a look that lasts more than a few hours before she messes it up. her hair type will not allow a look like that to last,, besides, i already said she has bangs, so that look won't work
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011