At night potty training?

so my daughter is 3 and potty trained during the day. She's been doing great with both pee and poop. At night though she is a deep sleeper and we tried twice to go no diapers at night, but both times she's had an accident. How did you potty train your kids for at night?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It will take awhile. My daughter is day potty trained now, but it is definitely not happening for nighttime yet. She ALWAYS wakes up with a poopy pullup. I am about to try something though...Maybe you should try to wake up before her and take her to the potty as soon as she wakes up..she may not be completely dry it morning but it will allow her to take her morning pee in the potty. I am going to try this in the morning.

Alsoo...do not be too worried about nighttime wetting the pullups/diapers. My little brothers are 5 and 6 and they still wear nighttime pullup type of pants at night, because they sometimes have accidents while they are snoozing.
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We didn't push nigttime right away, we did pull ups. But when we did, we really limited drinks at night, only until right after dinner, and we also made them go to the bathroom right before they went to sleep.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• im still trying it with my daughter. i don't let her drink after 7pm, make her go to the bathroom right before bed, and then i wake her up twice throughout the night to pee. its a lot.. but its working....... for now
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• my dd is the same she is one heavy sleeper. and hard to wake. what we did was we wouldnt let her drink anything after 630 and she went to the bathroom before she headed to bed and that was at 8 then when i would go to be at around 10 or 11 i would get her up and take her to the bathroom and yes most time she was still asleep or half asleep on the toilet and sometimes even fell back asleep on the toilet. then after she peed i put her back in bed. and i didnt let her lay in bed and wake up in the morning i would get her up in the morning and go to the bathroom. otherwise she would slowly wake up in bed and pee the bed.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i've been doing all that, but she still goes at night, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• lol, i'll try the waking her up, but waking her at night is like waking the dead.. that girl can SLEEP lol
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011