Why are parents freaking out about there 12 year old being in a relationship?

Its no big deal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Sorry, but 12 is way too young to be dating. I know that boys and girls like eachother at that age. But dating? I don't think so.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Dating can be a very big deal. I would be freaking out too.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Because my mom didn't care at all either, it was "no big deal" and I started to have sex at 12 I was "lucky"enough to find out at 28 that I had endometreosis or I KNOW I would have been that stupid horrible mother at 13 years old.. Its a BAD idea..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• dateing at 12? oh hell no. daddy would be loading the shot gun and waiting on the porch for any boy that thinks they are dating his dd at 12.
    Anonymous

• IT IS A BIG DEAL. 12 is WAY to young for a relationship. CHILDREN that young need to focus on school and being a child not who they will be kissing or if they should have sex so they can fit in with the big crowd.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• hey anonymous I will be the one loading the shot gun before daddy lol
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would not freak out if my 12 year old said they had a 'boyfriend'. I had one in 3rd grade for pete's sake. It is a title at that age nothing more. They see each other at school and talk on the phone, nothing more. It is not 'dating' until they are actually going on dates... at whatever age you feel ready to allow it(for us it will be 15 w/ a chaperon). Before that it is kids playing 'relationship games'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I definitely think sex is too far but relationship is fine, so long as it doesn't get out of hand
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It's a big deal when you from that you have to deal with teen or pre-teen pregnancy!
    Anonymous

• because thats when you end up witha 12 yr old pregnant and a mother not ready to be a mother... and a grandmother raising a baby
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2011