barking problem!!! cant dogs use a litter box?

I have a shitzu that is great when shes inside, but loves to go outside. when shes out there she barks at all other pets that go by. what can i do to make her stop? I also was wondering if any of you got your dog to poop in a litter box.

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pets

• they do make a littler box for dogs, getting your dog to use it is another story. However, you can try putting paper down and paper training to go on the paper. My dog it paper trained. Good luck, I koow what you mean about barking dogs mine do the same thing.
    pandermom

Answer by pandermom at 8:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would think to litter train would be something you would have to do from the start. Not sure how to stop the barking sorry
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• well, my dog is a husky she always howled at other dogs or just leafs blowin around... we got a bark collar.. it worked wonderfull soon after that we took the collar off and she never/hardly ever barked/howled again outside or inside! As for the litter box...my littler dog (shes a coon hound, great dane, heeler, dalmation, mix) she likes to eat the cat poop, but u can occaisionally catch her takin a squat in the box!
    zoyesmom

Answer by zoyesmom at 9:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• There is a way to litter train dogs of any age.
    Find a spot out outside where the dog likes to do it's buisness. Put the litter box on the spot. You might have to coax the dog in the box a few times. When the dog starts going in the box, slowly move the box closer and closer to the house(about once a week or two) and eventually into the house. Make sure the dog goes in the box everytime you take it out to potty. I would also give the dog a treat or some praise after it uses the box each time you move it.

Cats can be toilet trained in almost the same way.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 10:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I don't know. My dog hides when people walk passed the yard.

The litter box thing...that's new to me.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I second the bark collar. I"m about to get one for my dogs, because they harass everyone who goes by. All the neighborhood kids are afraid of them and they are only 12 lbs each.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2008