Can I get some great tips and advice for repeat c-section?

I am not due till the 7th of july but would like some advice on repeat c-section I am scared to have another one but I cant have the baby safely the normal way :( I would like some tips on what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If your first was an emergency c-section you can plan on this one going much smoother. there is no rush of doctors and prep and things are much more relaxed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yeah my last was emergency and that was so scary :( I cried for days thinking I failed. Any tips on what to do to heal with a two year old running around?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Tips hmm. Well, comfy stretchy pants and undies for sure, something easy to pull up and down. A boppy pillow is great for feeding, whether you're breast or bottle feeding. Don't stress it, if your first c-section was an emergency one, a scheduled one is like 100 times easier.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• less pain
    dona65

Answer by dona65 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I had to have an emergency c-section the first time around .... when my daughter was 2, I was planning on having a regular c-section the second time but ended up having another emergency one ( my son was 5 weeks early) ... but I got to stay awake with him ... I was aloneand actually the circumstances were alot worse .... BUT overall the pain and recovery was alot better than my first.... and I lost alot of weight for some reason the second time....

Like one of the other posters said, make sure you have comfy clothes and underwear lol ... try to keep your house extra clean or organized the closer the time gets so you will have less to clean ( I have a big recliner and for the first couple of days since my husband was off work, I spent most of my time sitting in it lol... I had 2 baskets on the table beside me one with things for my newborn son and the second with store bags in them for the dirty diapers.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• also the more kids you have the faster time goes.... so just enjoy it while you can ! ...

It seriously feels like yesterday when I had my son and now he is 2 1/2
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Good Luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Well, another plus you have after an emergency c-section is the knowledge that this time it is *your* idea. *You* planned it. It's not a surprise that leave you feeling like you failed. I know exactly how you felt. I did to. It was not like that the second time. I had months to prepare myself. You'll be fine!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011