Bed Bugs! - I was at my friend's house and we were sitting on a bed and saw a small red bug crawling up her wall...

I saw it and immediately thought it was a bed bug but didn't say so, I just said "hey, I gotta go" and got up and left. I went home and went and stripped down in my kitchen, took my clothes and put them in a tight plastic bag and did laundry the next morning, put those clothes in especially hot water.

Well, a week and half later, I wake up with 2 small bumps on my wrist. Two bigger bumps on my elbow region and one bite on my ankle.

Could it be a delayed reaction from being at her house or do I definitely have bed bugs now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• This can be some allergy due to some other reason as well...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'd see a doctor to make sure they are bed bug bites. You can also call a pest control company and talk with them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Did it look like this?? But I don't think you contracted it by what you are saying.

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Could be any other bug. Lift up the mattress and look for black spots (bed bug poop). I would think to see it climbing up the wall would mean an infestation at your friend's house. Google to see signs of bedbugs...GL.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• stick out tongue miniEWWWWWW!!! EWWWWWW!!

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks for your insight michigan-mom74 ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011