How to get rid of a rash?

My DSS is 1years and he has a rash around his mouth.We have asked the dr and all she says is to try vasaline. and its not drying up. I cant figure out whats causing it besides teething. Is that possible.? should i be worried about it and get a derm. dr and see what they say.. Is there other ways that might clear it up??

Mem10

Asked by Mem10 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• happened to my son. it was kind of related to his teething. he was drooling A LOT & it would dry up around his mouth, causing the rash. we use aquaphor or eucerin plus. works wonders. good luck to your lil one
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It happened to my son as well. We found out that when he was slobbering, due to teething, he was sucking on a paci. The slobber would sit between his mouth and paci and cause a rash. I am not sure if you child is using a paci or not. Just a thought :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• He dont use a pai but he sucks his first finger and thumb (at the same time) like his little finger is pointy sorta strnge but DR says as he gets olderit will corect. I guess that could be trayping the slobers as well tho. But to try and keep his fingers outa his mouth would be near impossible i am sure. lol thanks for the ideas i will try that aquahor or eucerin plus... ty lots
    Mem10

Comment by Mem10 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• rashes : in order to heal the need to be able to breathe. Crisco lard. (blue) NOT BUTTERED FLAVOR. on diaper rashes ( front & back) mouth too. NO KIDDING. ER DR AND 5 Nurses backed him on it.

the lard UNLIKE VASOLINE allows the area to be able to breathe, ( NO BURNING) so it coats to keep mositure away from the underneath raw area. by the 2nd application the reddness is turning lighter and lighter. I swear by this my kids and since then MY FAMILY uses this... even for my aunt who tends to get raw underneathe her tummy rolls. clears up and doesn't burn..
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• aquaphor worked for me as welll
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Mineral oil. Works miracles for my son for any type of rash. Even got rid of his moderate eczema within days!
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Stay away from Aquafor, Vaseline, and mineral oil; they are petrochemicals and dangerous to the skin. Try hexane-free, organic , extra virgin coconut oil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Mineral oil is great. PURE mineral oil. The minerals in it are very healthy and I have used it to heal a lot of things both on me and my son.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2011