Disposable Diapers vs. Cloth Diapers

I am just trying to get some feedback on what every one thinks about cloth diapers. I am thinking of using them instead of disposable diapers after my baby is born.

ajfoster88

Asked by ajfoster88 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was totally in love with my cloth! I used pre-folds with covers and some pocket diapers. I also made a couple. If we have more babies, I will definitely be using cloth again!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Do you think it was cheaper to use cloth diapers? Did you notice if your baby got rashes more often? I really want to use them, I just want to know if it is better than disposable. How did you wash them? Do they have liners for the cloth diapers now?
    ajfoster88

Comment by ajfoster88 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If thats what u want i think u should go for it. But id rather use disposable because i would b thinkn of the poop.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I used cloth , much cheaper but you need a washing machine .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That's a great idea. You won't be contributing to the landfill in that department. I thank you for puting in your two cents and doing the right think for the enviroment
    guesswho123

Answer by guesswho123 at 3:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I tried cloth diapers with my twins when they were around ten months. I couldn't afford the good inserts though :/ I tried the gerber ones.. which everyone says don't absorb as much. I"m sure the more expensive bamboo inserts work much better. its an investment.. it costs a lot to get started but you do end up saving. I think it will depend on your situation. if you have your own laundry room that you have control over and can decide where to put the dirty inserts and when to wash them then it shouldn't be too hard.
    I say get like two covers and a few inserts and try it out, dont buy a ton right away. they have starter kits that are a few covers and a few inserts to see if you like them.

I bought a few "thirsties duo" covers. they snap./fold so they work for a smaller baby and then unsnap/fold to fit a bigger baby, so they fit longer. I'll post a link. (and omg theyre adorable.)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• http://www.amazon.com/Thirsties-Wrap-Blackbird-Size-18-40/dp/B003DA5TH8/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1299217518&sr=8-31
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2011