Does anyone really LIKE being over weight??

I see mom's about the Big moms and loving who you are no matter what size etc.. well, I never used to have a weight issue until being on an anti-depressant med., and although I am long off it, I am still 40 lbs overweight I can't seem to lose for long.. I 've tried 2 weight loss clinics ( brand names I know you've heard of ) where I DO lose the weight but.,. I can't seem to maintain it for more than 6 months.. can I ever be happy about my extra 40lbs I seem to onlymaintain and never lose for long or go over?? :(

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• honestly, eventhough im technically overweight, i feel like my body is where it wants to be genetically. everyone says i look good a bit heavier than my bmi says i should be and my SO loves me being a bit "thick"....according to bmi charts, i should be about 25lbs lighter, but im pretty damn happy where i am. i can eat whatever i want and stay this size plus my SO touches me much more than when im skinny, so yes i am happy being "overweight".
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Can u ever be happy been fat? I don't think so. U might learned to accept it and work around the only clothes you can wear and only activities you can do and stuff like that but I have never met a happy with bei.g overweight person.
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 11:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I cant speak for all and everyon but i have had weight issues off and on for along time. I mean i am like 10 of 15 lbs over all summer and then i work it seems like twice as heard durig the winter and cant keep it off. I am not sure if anyone is HAPPY with being over weight. But i know when i am tryin and still staying the same weight, not gaining or loosing i am okay with that i just look at is as it coulde be worse.. So its just up to you to pull out some better sides to it i belive. I am not the best at advice but maybe it will help a lil..
    Mem10

Answer by Mem10 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I never understood that whole "love your body for what it is". I mean I agree with not obsessing to be model skinny if your body simply isn't built for it but carrying around extra weight isn't ME so why should I LOVE it? If I was at a proper weight and still wasn't a size 0, then okay, love what God gave me, but seeing as I'm not at the healthy weight for the body God gave me, I see no reason to accept my plumpness. On the flip side, I don't want to be a size 0. I enjoy my curves, just not the extra rolls.
    Anonymous

• I think that alot of women have been thiner in the day and over the years because of circumstances have gained weight but remember your weight doesnt define who you are you define who you are....if you feel beautiful and sexy than that is how others will see you. The way a women carries herself weather big or small defines her.
    I am overweight and always trying to loose it but so far no but i have lost 10 lbs and pround of myself and need to keep it up but being overweight is ok by me too my self esteem is as it was years ago i have Doctors where I work who flirt with me every week and it makes me feel good and its because i have confidance. And big is beautiful start loving yourselfff
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Its not to much about the woman who is overweight, as it is the people who are point anbd laugh and say things like "lardo" "OMG is that an earthquake?" Or u are at a buffet line and u hear "oh hell I should have put more on my plate, the chick is gonna eat it all!!". Feeling good about yourself and having a good self-esteem will go along ways despite of what size u are. If everyone was perfect size 6 the world would get boring without a little imperfections here and there. I was that person when I was in high school and got to the point of starting to get anxiety attacks at the thought of who will tease me today, who will tip my lunch tray over, who will grab my homework I spent hrs on and would get torn up? How many times will I be shoved into the lockers so hard I would get bruises. Honestly back then late 80's early 90's if I had access to a firearm, I would have brought into school just to keep them off me.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011