i am 16 weeks pregnant and...

i can feel a heartbeat in my stomach and when i put my hands on my stomach i feel it too, is it really the heartbeat i have heard that i shouldnt be able to feel it til after 25 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• SORRY, IS IT REALLY THE HEARTBEAT I FEEL LOL
    Anonymous

• I'd say probably not yet, it might be your heartbeat b/c theres more blood flowing and what not
    Anonymous

• yeah i would agree, sounds like it your blood flowing. I feel that to and have been feeling that for awhile.
    Anonymous

• No, you can't "feel" the heartbeat through your stomach. Your feeling your own pulse. You have a large abdominal artery and that's what your feeling.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I don't think so. You have a huge artery/vein that runs down the center of your stomach. I could feel the pulse or "heartbeat" more and more throughout my pregnancy. My doc said you can't feel the infants heartbeat from the outside. You can hear it when they use that special tool though.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• haha, i knew it was my heart but my husband thought it was the babys too, he freaked out it was so cute!
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 10:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008